In the time of social media, the need for a wide range of promotional videos is increasing. Depending on your goals, you do not always need to hire expensive marketing experts and pursue the highest production value. A lot can be achieved with inexpensive cameras and powerful mobile devices. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Below you’ll find a short overview of what aspects should be considered in the planning, making and marketing of an effective promotional video. It might seem intimidating to start your own promo video project, but keeping in mind the following tips, you will be able to produce a persuasive video and spread the word!
- In a promotional video, keep in mind three operational levels: you should introduce your product (company / event), provide information about it and communicate emotions. Think about creative and surprising ways to present your product!
- Consider your target audience. Figure out what knowledge you want to share and how the viewers will benefit from it. How will you reach your audience?
- Think about your desired effect on viewers. Keep in mind how all the components – such as visuals, music and message – support it!
Filming and editing
- Promotional videos use shorter shots and frames than others, such as educational videos. Keep it concentrated: say all that is necessary as quickly as possible and get straight to the point! The first few seconds are the most crucial for catching the viewer’s attention.
- Promote good emotions: quality images, interesting angles, and properly-chosen music with a good tempo are efficient story-telling tools to channel your audience’s emotions. Offer something your viewers can identify with!
- Nevertheless, remember that the aesthetics and messages carried by the video should represent your product or company, not your audience!
Distribution and dissemination
To achieve the highest level of success, do not forget to pay special attention to distribution. Make the best use of social media and think about how to circulate your video and promote its viewing online. Consider posting it to groups who could share it even further.